Large Intestine LI 4
Location: On the dorsum of the hand, between the 1st and 2nd metacarpal bones, in the middle of the 2nd metacarpal bone on the radial side.
Categorization: Yuan-Source point of the Large Intestine Meridian
Command Point of the head and face
- Diseases of the head and face: i.e. external pathogenic headache and bodyache, dizziness, congestion, swelling and pain of the eye, nasosinusitis, epistaxis (nosebleed), toothache in the lower jaw, trismus (lockjaw), deafness, mumps, swelling of the face, facial paralysis, facial tic, swelling of the pharnyx and aphonia (inability to speak).
- Aversion to cold, fever, febrile disease, anhidrosis (no sweating), hidrosis.
- Dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, dystocia (difficult or abnormal labor/childbirth).
- Gastric pain, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dysentery.
- Hemiplegia, finger spasm, pain in the arm, infantile convulsion, manic psychosis, and irritability.
- Malignant sore, urticaria, scabies.
- Every type pf pain and psychogenic tense.
Purposes: strengthens immunity, stops pain, regulates the face and head area, induces labor.
Side Note: LI 4 is a common and useful point. It is useful for any condition related to the face and head. It is also particularly useful for the flu. Finally, LI 4 is known as the pain point in the body. Anywhere there is pain, use LI 4.
You may also like…
Dr. Drew Jordan
Dr. Drew Jordan is a second-generation Chiropractor. Dr Drew has had the privilege to serve some of the largest pediatric and family practices in Kansas, Missouri, and Colorado. Dr Drew is webster certified, having extensive post graduate training in pediatrics and pregnancy. Dr Drew is also certified in acupuncture and combines Chiropractic and Acupuncture as an effective tool for natural healing. As a Veterans Administration in-network provider he enjoys the challenge of working with complex Chronic Pain patients but has a passion for working with kiddos and families with the purpose of creating a healthier community here in Wichita. -Certified by Kansas State Board of Healing Arts -Certified by National Board of Chiropractic Examiners -Certified in Webster Technique for Pregnant Mothers (ICPA) -International Chiropractic Pediatric Association -Certified in Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT) -Fellow Certification with the Acupuncture Society of America.